Sunday 18 January 2015


In this blog Im going to document the progress of this film. The art, the work, the puppets, the environments as they get built and designed. 
I like the idea of combining a Dinosaur film and a Western. Making the Dinosaurs the characters. In my research I found so many real life examples of animals fighting to survive and to breed and raise their young...

This film will be an attempt to tell a dramatic story about Dinosaurs through music and pantomime. Its been done correctly twice. Once in Walt Disney's Fantasia and by Phil Tippett's stop motion short Prehistoric Beast.

Phil Tippett's prehistoric Beast has been a major influence on me and this project. I've had the pleasure of working with Phil and that has been a major part of my development as an animator and a filmmaker.




No comments:

Post a Comment